top of page

10. Abberley, St. Michael

St. Michael’s Church, is 12th century, probably built by Roger de Todeni, Lord of the manor of Abberley. The Old Bell was a gift to the parish by the Rev. John Blamyre, who came to Abberley in 1514 appointed by Henry VIII. St Michael’s has connections with many famous families including the Walsh family, Joseph Addison, Admiral Maling.  The church was restored in 1963 by the Rev. Richard Bevan and during this time five 14th century silver spoons were found- a replica of these can be seen displayed in the church.            

Always open during daylight hours.

Small car park outside.


Return to the B 4202 and continue until reaching a turning to the right, signed to Trail church no. 11 - Rock.

bottom of page